Thursday, March 19, 2015

Hands in the dirt

The sun has been shining recently, making me antsy to explore our quaint little garden. I'm ready to plant vegetables, spring annuals, and my dahlia bulbs dug up from last year. And yet, the chance of frost has me holding off a little longer. Hopefully my hands will be in that dirt over spring break, but in the meantime I'm keeping busy with other projects. 

My mom, an avid gardener, is always encouraging my novice green thumb-- teaching me about different flowers, explaining when to prune, and, along with my dad, finding garden art for our yard. They recently gave me these miniature garden tools-- perfect for a simple garden sign.

A bit of paint, sand paper, and hot glue; nothing fancy, but perfect nonetheless. 


"The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul." -- Alfred Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment