Saturday, March 14, 2015

Enchantments


I knew it was going to be a good morning the moment I woke up to rain pattering on the roof. It's always been a favorite moment of mine-- lying in bed, with the covers drawn up right to my chin, listening to the rythmic falling of raindrops dancing-- delightedly. The way they flutter across the rooftop, skipping this way and that; speeding up and slowing down; sometimes flying so far they miss the rooftop altogether. I imagine it's quite like the Chim Chimney scene of Mary Poppins. Each raindrop striving to keep up with the others, never letting the melody commence.  

I was flipping through channels after breakfast and a hot shower, and happened upon Julie and Julia. Despite starting an hour previously, and having never seen it before, it's one of those stories that just sucks you in. I suppose it helps that I own the book. But anyway. What began with a moment of Julia in the kitchen at Le Cordon Bleu whipping up some meringue by hand, quickly turned into an hour passing before I knew it. I sat there with my laptop in hand, meaning to start this blog post-- but I couldn't quite draw my ears away from the splendid language, the fluttering movements of a woman so in love with her craft. I was mesmerized from the very beginning. 


A lazy Saturday morning filled with the smallest enchantments is so lovely. Hoping your day brings you the same sort of joy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment