Thursday, March 5, 2015

At a glance / me


On my nightstand Bread and Wine: A Love Letter to Life Around the Table by Shauna Niequist, The Hypnotist's Love Story by Liane Moriarty, Astrid and Veronika by Linda Olsson, and Wild by Cheryl Strayed. 

Current magazine subscriptions Eating Well, Natural Living, and Glamour. (Three subscriptions for $12; I couldn't resist!) 

On my DVR Fixer Upper (Love Chip and Joanna Gaines!), Property Brothers and Chasing Life. 

Loving the grass stains on my puppy's white paws. Oh, spring. 

Drinking tea, a perfectly simple drink for spring. Absolutely adore the Tea Forte gift box my in-laws gave me for my birthday. Ginger lemongrass and citrus mint are my favorites. 

Looking forward to spring break! A get-together with my sweet college roommates, celebrating a friend's graduate school funding, spending time with family, and hopefully putting a little more focus toward my writing and crafting. 

Trying to figure out these essential oils I just received in the mail. My co-worker Katie (along with other friends and family) inspired me to finally jump on the essential oil bandwagon, which I did so happily. Currently loving lavender on my feet before bed-- so relaxing! 

Planning out my vegetable gardens for the upcoming season. Broccoli, kale, and snap peas are the first on the list. Now hopefully my blueberry plants make a comeback this summer... 

On my kitchen island Meals Made Simple by Danielle Walker. So many delicious recipes. Her enchilada stuffed peppers were a big hit with my husband and me. 

Fighting off the slightest head cold. Not even kidding, the first graders I work with went through an entire box of tissues yesterday! A sickness is quickly going around, so I've been starting my days with hot lemon water and honey- directions from a sweet Korean woman I used to work with. Any time I'd have a cold, she'd say, "Lemon and honey! You need lemon and honey!" Not sure if it's working, but I definitely feel energized in the morning.


That's my life in a nutshell right now. What does a glance into your life look like? 
(If you're curious, that's Jason moisturizing vitamin E lotion and J.R. Watkins cuticle salve in the pic)

No comments:

Post a Comment